Wine Country Hospitality Symposium Event Schedule
Wednesday, May 2, 2018 | 8am-4:15pm | Napa Valley
8:45 Keynote Speaker Justin Dragoo from Latitude 38
Educational Sessions: 9:30, 10:40, 1:00, and 2:20
12:00 Culinary Lunch at CIA Copia
3:30 Wine, Beer & Cheese Networking Reception
8:00am – Continental Breakfast
8:30am – Welcome
Introduction and welcome by Becky Peterson (Napa Valley Vintners) and Dr. Ronald Kraft (Napa Valley College).
8:45am – Featured Hospitality Hero: Justin Dragoo
Justin Dragoo from Latitude 38 Entertainment. Justin is a co-founder at Latitude 38 Entertainment, the producer of BottleRock Napa Valley. He has helped to create one of California’s premier music events by defying visitor expectations with a relentless focus on the guest experience. He also extends this philosophy to his newest venture, Garguilo Vineyards.
9:30am – Napa Valley Rocks by Brett Van Emst (Napa Valley Vintners)
Napa Valley Rocks is an engaging appellation education program digging into what makes the Napa Valley America’s premier winegrowing region. Hospitality professionals can be Napa Rocks Certified. Learn more about the program.
10:40am – Accelerating the Customer Rapport Building Process:
12:00pm – Culinary Lunch by the Culinary Institute of America at Copia
1:00pm – Breakout Session I (choose one):
- Winery Track – Secrets of Sales Excellence I: with Lesley Berglund of the WISE Academy.
- Food and Beverage Trends: Featuring Michael Gaylen (General Manager of NapaSport Restaurant and Bar) and Ryan Harris (Co-Owner, Contimo Provisions).
- Human Resources and Hospitality Law: Panel discussion featuring Judith Rowlings (HR Director of Las Alcobas, Napa Valley), Tami Pacho (HR Director of the Meritage Resort), and Cheryl Velasquez (HR Director of the Hilton Embassy Suites, Napa).
2:20pm – Breakout Session II (choose one):
- Winery Track – Secrets of Sales Excellence II: with Lesley Berglund of the WISE Academy.
- The Customer Experience: Panel discussion featuring Don Rickard (Owner of Platypus Tours), Jim Treadway (General Manager of Bardessono Hotel and Spa), and Joseph Foss (Senior Hospitality Manager of Rutherford Hill Winery).
- Google Tools for Hospitality Businesses: by Claudette Shatto, Instructor of Business & Entrepreneurship at Napa Valley College.
3:30pm – Networking Reception
Enjoy the hospitality of Napa Valley College and the Napa Valley Vintners! Sip and savor a glass of wine or beer with cheese, while meeting other hospitality professionals in the North Bay, including winery, restaurant, and lodging pros, as well as students preparing to enter the industry. Must be 21 or older for wine and beer.
The event is very intimate and personal. It had great opportunities to connect with speakers and with other hospitality people like myself.
Best value for a conference EVER! The lunch alone is worth every penny. Events like this usually START around $500!
REGISTRATION IS OPEN
$125 PER PERSON, ALL INCLUSIVE:
- Keynote by Justin Dragoo, producer of Bottle Rock
- 3 educational breakout sessions
- Culinary lunch by the Culinary Institute of America at Copia
- Post-event reception and networking
NEW LOCATION FOR 2018!
Culinary Institute of America at COPIA | 500 1st St, Napa, CA 94559
Culinary Institute of America at COPIA
500 1st St, Napa, CA 94559